Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Update

Happy National Widows Day!

I didn't know there was such a day, but, seriously, you ladies and gentlemen all deserve pats on the back if this pertains to you.

For me, it's been a crazy few weeks.  You've probably read my initial reaction to Elder Holland's talk last week.

Let me start by saying that by the time he had arrived and gave his talk, I had reached a point of exhaustion that probably came close to doctor prescribed bed rest, if not hospitalization.

I had spent the day at a school covering for the computer lab assistant who needed to be out.  We normally don't do this, but they had the computerized NWEA testing, and the other people there who knew how to do it were doing DIBELs testing instead.

Don't make me go there about the over abundance of testing in schools.

So, after 9 hours of sitting on hard plastic chairs, I spend another 3-4 hours sitting on hard metal chairs at a Church building where we were packed like sardines.  They had the hallways going to where I parked in the parking lot, so after I changed out of my work clothes into something a little more presentable, I had to keep the bag of clothes, along with the bag with my food in it, with me along with my back pack.  People probably thought I was nuts, but I couldn't get to my car.

By the time Elder Holland actually spoke, every part of my body was hurting, my back was seizing up, and all I wanted was to get this over with and go home.

I've since heard the last 45 minutes of his talk (many thanks to the person who recorded it), and it was fantastic.

Thankfully, as luck would have it, I had already gotten approved to take the rest of the week off from work, as they needed me to get rid of the overtime that's been accumulating.  It turned out to be a much needed break, and some time to get my car serviced as well, without it impacting my work schedule.  The remainder of the 5 day weekend ended up just sleeping, eating, spending time with the cats and binge-watching Emergency on DVD.

I've also started to make more of an effort to get my vitamins in me on a regular basis, as well as drinking more of the Vitamin Water to keep my electrolytes up.

So, while I am going crazy, trying to keep up with everything, I am also trying to make sure I don't put myself into a situation that will not require hospitalization.

Life is busy, however life will still be around whether you are able to participate or not.  Be sure to take care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To The Widowed Connection

Welcome to the Widowed Connection, where widowed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can read and share in this blog.