Monday, September 3, 2018

Finance Basics: How To Budget with Resources

This is an area that I struggle with, even to this day.  Mostly because when I was paying off debt, I used what is known as the “scorched earth” approach, meaning I had the emergency savings and what wasn’t used for basic necessities (you know, gas for the car, electricity, food) wen towards the debt.  I didn’t use this sheet, either, I used a basic spreadsheet with each column for a debt and each row for a month to track how much had been paid off and what my balances were.  That was it.  Scorched earth.

Now that we’ve covered ways to pay off debt, let’s actually put the numbers on a monthly budget to get started.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To The Widowed Connection

Welcome to the Widowed Connection, where widowed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can read and share in this blog.