Friday, June 19, 2009

Sample Funeral Checklist

I have a bit of housekeeping to do.

I was talking about this blog to my Stake President, and he suggested that I post the Sample Funeral Checklist from my web site.

The story behind this is that when Decker and I got married, Decker was called and sustained to be the High Priest Group Leader for our Ward. One of his brethren passed away about a year or so into our marriage and Decker was asked by our Bishop to assist the widow with funeral preparations. Decker told me this (we worked as a team on a lot of things with both our callings in the Church), and showed me this checklist that looked like a copy of a copy of a copy. I felt, given the computer technology in our home, we could make a newer version, so that's what I did.

It has been used a few times before that I know of, but the next use I had for it was for Decker's funeral arrangements.

Here's the link, it's a Microsoft Word document: Funeral Checklist

I've left it in this format, so that anyone else wanting to use it can change the local cemeteries and mortuaries.

Not a pleasant thought, but it really came in handy for me when I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To The Widowed Connection

Welcome to the Widowed Connection, where widowed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can read and share in this blog.