Friday, June 12, 2009

Wedding Anniversaries


Photo courtesy The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints



Today is my 11th wedding anniversary. As I have the blessing of living close to the Temple Decker and I were sealed in, I was able to go and attend a session there, then have a late lunch. When I first started doing this after Decker died, it was hard. Really, really emotional to the point of draining. But the blessings outweigh the sacrifice. Now I feel comfort, and today I could feel that Decker was not only there, but having a little bit of a laugh at something that happened. The session started off in tongues, namely Spanish. But then, as things progressed in English, there were new things I was being shown and taught. It never ceases to amaze me at how much there is to learn there.

Decker and I spent a lot of time in that Temple, we were both already endowed when we got engaged, so a lot of our dating was done at the Mesa Temple. By the time we were sealed in the Temple our marriage was Decker's 77th sealing session. And when we did get married, Decker gave me the wonderful surprise of a road trip, Temple hopping through Utah.

Decker and I especially did a lot of sealings prior to our marriage, as we both wanted to know what kind of covenants we would be making. While doing so, we would attend sessions that were conducted by a brother who knew a lot about the Temple and the covenants you make throughout all of the Temple activities.

While I can't talk about all of what was discussed, I will bring up one bit of trivia. For those of you who attend the Mesa Arizona Temple, have you seen the children in the Celestial Room?

I'll post the answer next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To The Widowed Connection

Welcome to the Widowed Connection, where widowed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can read and share in this blog.