Friday, February 3, 2012

Breaking The Mold

If you've seen my profile on www.mormon.org,  you understand what this post is about.

Over this past summer, I was wondering why my life is so different than what I've always believed to be the "norm".  That norm would be having a living husband, children, home, mini-van and the ability to be a stay at home mother.  When I married Decker, I thought I would have that life.  It didn't turn out that way.

Decker passed away after two years of marriage, and we were unable to have children.  This left a lot of unanswered desires.

I wondered why, though, my life turned out so differently?

The answer was in Ephesians 6.

This chapter of scripture talks about putting on the whole armor of God.

What I received, through personal revelation, is that we fail to realize our armor is not supposed to be identical to that of others.  Our relationship with the Lord should be as unique as we are, and our lives will also become unique.

My life was never meant to be the "norm".  Was yours?  Perhaps it's time to embrace your uniqueness.

By Doc Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To The Widowed Connection

Welcome to the Widowed Connection, where widowed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can read and share in this blog.