Sunday, February 5, 2012

I Testify

Today is Fast Sunday, so in the Sacrament Meetings for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it means the majority of the meeting is spent with people coming up to bear testimony of Christ, His Church and other spiritual matters.

 Our Bishopric has been counseling us in Sacrament Meeting that this is not a time to give out travelogues or to give a long back-story to explain our testimony. Just simply testify. With that in mind, I tried to limit my testimony this morning. I only spoke in phrases that began with "I testify...".  It was difficult, and will require me to do some practice, as I tend to be more of a storyteller than a testifier.

How about you?  Could you bear your testimony if you could only begin each phrase with "I testify..."?

I testify that Jesus is the Son of God.

I testify that He atoned for our sins.  How grateful I am for that, and the opportunity it gives me to repent and be forgiven.

I testify that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His Church.  It is his Gospel.  It is the Gospel of love and the great Plan of eternal Happiness.

I testify that as we draw unto Christ, He and the Holy Ghost will draw closer to us.  We must, however, open the first door.

I testify that The Book of Mormon is Holy Scripture, the Word of God translated for our day, just as The Holy Bible is also Holy Scripture, translated to bring men unto Christ.

I testify that God is a God of families, and that families can be together forever through Him.  How grateful I am for Temples and the Ordinances within them that makes this possible.

This testimony is but a small part of my beliefs and spiritual knowledge.

I testify these things in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To The Widowed Connection

Welcome to the Widowed Connection, where widowed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can read and share in this blog.