Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Update - January 11, 2012

A lot has been happening the last few days, concerning my physical health. Yesterday I didn't get much exercise (unless you count the walking I do as a crossing guard in the mornings), however today I parked away from my workplace and walked a good 1/4 mile with bags totaling in weight of about 25-30 pounds. Very good exercise. On Monday morning, I was awoken by searing pain in one of my teeth. Further x-rays and an early morning exam this morning, it can be saved, but it is getting infected so I am on anti-biotics. The tooth will need a root canal, and a second tooth will need to be removed. I was supposed to have check up appointments on Friday with two doctors (including the ob/gyn who performed the ovary removal 1 1/2 years ago and the endometrial ablation on me this past October), however those have been re-scheduled so I can have the dental work done instead. As much as we love to feel we are in control of things, there is always this push from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that teach you otherwise. Like many of the widowed people reading this, we are well acquainted with the fact that there are some things that we cannot control. Learning to accept those instances and try to find ways of dealing with them is a part of life. I do find, though, that some of these times are where Heavenly Father and the Lord are shaping me into what they want me to become. In order for me to become the daughter they want me to be and be able to progress in my life, I need to get these things done first. This is another part of the physical health aspect of choosing to become, and choosing how I will handle these situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To The Widowed Connection

Welcome to the Widowed Connection, where widowed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can read and share in this blog.